- This event has passed.
Trail Work Party at Provolt Recreation Site on Hwy 238 at Provolt
April 8 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- WHAT: A great Opportunity to help create some new multi-use non-motorized trails at the Provolt Recreation Site!! (Yes, they will be open to equestrians!) We have almost a mile of new trail to set in on the grasslands of Area A (north side of Highway where the main parking and kayak launch are located). The routes have been flagged. This will be all weed whacking and tread work, as one group will weed whack the grass and weeds very short, then another group will rake/lightly scrape the tread to define it for use. No lopping or limb trimming needed on this day.
- WHEN: Friday, April 8, 2022
- TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- SNACKS, WATER, and FREE LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED by the Provolt Volunteer Team (lunch guaranteed for those who RSVP!
- WHERE: Provolt Recreation Site (the former BLM seed orchard, on the north side of Hwy 238 kitty corner across from the Provolt Store)
- WHAT TO BRING: Dress appropriately for the weather; bring sturdy footwear, work gloves, weed whackers, eye and ear protection for the weed whacker operators, rakes, McCleod, etc. Bring string for your whackers. BLM will also provide some tread tools and gas. Bring a lawn chair and join us for FREE lunch after our work. No horses on this work day please.
- MEET AT: the parking area by the kayak launch, just west from the main parking area; turn left at the porta-potty and you will see us.
- The REALLY FUN PART is that after we do this we will need lots and lots of users to get out there and ride and hike these new trails in the grassy flats to help set in the tread better. These trails will weave throughout the interior of Area A and loop in with the perimeter road that runs all the way around the outside. They will be wonderful, scenic, safe trails for green horses or young riders, and fun for hikers and kids who love to watch for birds and bugs, have a picnic, and also a nice addition for runners to get in another mile or so.
Please RSVP if you think you can make it so we can plan for lunch and snacks; please email Liz at email@example.com to help us plan. You can still come if you don’t RSVP but you won’t be guaranteed a lunch.